Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good
Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
The Salvation Army
Food Bank & Warehouse Volunteer
Help in all steps of food/item receiving and distribution from the warehouse to the pantry and, finally, to The Salvation Army Clients as well as daily cleanliness.
- Unload vehicles making donations of food, sanitary, and other personal products into the warehouse.
- Sort and arrange food by type in the warehouse
- Stock shelves in the food pantry to maintain availability of product
- Stock and sort refrigerator and freezer items
- Act as a guide and personal shopper for The Salvation Army clients including retrieving inventory, and aiding clients to load their cars
- Log inventory when necessary
- Sweep & Mop floors
- Vacuum floors
- Clean & Disinfect shelves
Knowledge, skills, and Physical abilities required:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Have an eye for detail
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, carts, doors, and reach overhead
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis
- Perform other duties as assigned